- Books & More
- eBooks & More
- About Us
- Support Us
52 Ways to Use Your GCLD Library Card (for each week of the year)!
Written by:GCLD Staff
1. Get to know your Grand County librarians, the ultimate search engine @ your library.
2. Browse your favorite Web site(s).
3. Plan your next vacation.
4. Find a list of good hikes.
5. Learn about local history.
6. Pick up the local paper.
7. Reserve the latest mystery.
8. Use the FREE wireless access.
9. Listen to a classical CD.
10. Borrow a book club kit.
11. Find out how to navigate the Internet.
12. Prepare your resume.
13. Get new ideas for redecorating your house.
14. Get a list of NEW items @ your library.
15. Attend a travel program.
16. Download an E-book.
17. Join a book discussion group.
18. Attend preschool story hour with your child.
19. Get homework help.
20. Look up all kinds of health information.
21. Research the purchase of a new car.
22. Trek to another planet in a Sci-Fi novel.
23. Use a computer.
24. Research your term paper.
25. Learn about the history of the ski areas.
26. Decide which computer to buy using a consumer guide.
27. Check your stock portfolio.
28. Read a magazine from another country.
29. Borrow an audiobook for your next road trip.
30. Use the library’s resources to start a small business.
31. See a new art exhibit.
32. Volunteer as a library shelver.
33. Find a new recipe.
34. Ask for a recommended reading list for your kids.
35. Make photocopies.
36. Get a book from interlibrary loan.
37. Enroll your child in a summer reading program.
38. Take a computer class.
39. Borrow an MP3 player.
40. Take out the latest fashion magazine.
41. Enjoy an electronic book.
42. Trace your family tree.
43. Check out a special collection of Colorado books.
44. Check out a legal question or issue.
45. Find out how to file a consumer complaint.
46. Get creative by borrowing art books.
47. Borrow some sheet music.
48. Learn how to use a database or computerized catalog.
49. Find the latest romance paperback.
50. Pick up tax forms.
51. Get some Internet training.
52. Find a quiet spot, curl up with a book and enjoy.
Remember, September is "sign up for a library card" month!