- Books & More
- Ebooks & More
- My Library Account
- Get a Library Card
- Borrowing/My Account
- New Borrowing / My Account
- Job Center
- Computers and Internet
- Meeting Space / Reserve a Room
- Office Services
- Things You Didn't Know We Have
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
- About Us
- Support Us
Loving Top-Ten Lists
Written by:GCLD Staff
I love books and lists. Who does not love lists of books? My favorite types of lists are the "top ten" kind. A few good top ten lists come from those culture mavens over at Entertainment Weekly. This year, quite a few favorites have garnered notice on both the Nonfiction and the Fiction lists.
Annually, a variety of lists in regards to book awards appear. For example, the Caldecott, Newberry & Corretta Scott King awards are books celebrated for juveniles.
For those of you who enjoy books lists, here is a top ten award list you probably have not heard of, The Alex Awards for the 10 best adult books that appeal to teen audiences.
- “The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind: Creating Currents of Electricity and Hope” by William Kamkwamba and Bryan Mealer, published by William Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers
- “The Bride’s Farewell” by Meg Rosoff, published by Viking Penguin, a member of Penguin Group
- “Everything Matters!” by Ron Currie, Jr., published by Viking Penguin, a member of Penguin Group
- “The Good Soldiers” by David Finkel, published by Sarah Crichton Books, an imprint of Farrar, Straus and Giroux
- “The Kids Are All Right: A Memoir” by Diana Welch and Liz Welch with Amanda Welch and Dan Welch, published by Harmony Books, an imprint of the Crown Publishing Group, a division of Random House
- “The Magicians,” by Lev Grossman, published by Viking Penguin, a member of Penguin Group
- “My Abandonment” by Peter Rock, published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- “Soulless: An Alexia Tarabotti Novel,” by Gail Carriger, published by Orbit, an imprint of Hachette Book Group
- “Stitches: A Memoir” by David Small, published by W.W. Norton & Company
- “Tunneling to the Center of the Earth” by Kevin Wilson, published by Harper Perennial, an imprint of HarperCollins
Before you finalize your must-reads list for the year, or the titles for your book groups, take a moment to prowl the goodies saluted by the folks making top ten lists!