- Books & More
- eBooks & More
- About Us
- Support Us
Download Audiobooks to Your Computer
You can download eAudiobooks that can be listened to on your computer or transferred to a mobile device.
Quick Start Guide:
- Grab your current Grand County Library Card.
- Download the free OverDrive Media Console software. All eAudio that you check-out from the download page will be managed in this software. This is also the software you will use to tranfer eAudio to a device.
Browse and Check Out a Title
- Go to the OverDrive Catalog.
- Log in with your library card number.
- Choose a title that you would like to download.
- Click Borrow (if it says 'Place a Hold', enter your email to be notified when it's available).
- Choose Download (Select one format).
- Check MP3 Audiobook.
- Click Confirm & Download.
- Choose 'Open With' OverDrive. Do not SAVE to computer.
Transfer an eAudiobook to a Mobile Device
- Connect your device to your computer.
- In OverDrive Media Console highlight the title you would like to transfer.
- Click the Transfer button. The Transfer Wizard is displayed.
- Verify that the correct title is displayed on the first screen of the Transfer Wizard and click Next.
- The Transfer Wizard searches for a connected portable device.
- If your device is detected, the Confirm screen is displayed.
- In the Confirm dialog box, select the Part(s) you want to transfer by checking the box(es) next to the Part name(s).
- Click Next to begin transferring the file(s) to your device.
- When the transfer is complete, the Transfer Wizard displays a Success message.
- Click Finish to exit the Transfer Wizard.
- Disconnect your portable device.
* WMA and MP3 are the eAudiobook formats. EPUB is the eBook format. Mac computers can only play MP3 files.
**If using an Apple device make sure that iTunes has the most current update and that 'manually manage music' is checked.