- Books & More
- eBooks & More
- About Us
- Support Us
Download eBooks to Your Computer
You can download eBooks that can be viewed on your computer or transferred to a mobile device.
EPUB eBook Quick Start Guide:
- Grab your current Grand County Library Card.
- Download the free Adobe Digital Editions eBook software onto your computer. All EPUB eBooks that you check-out from the download page will be managed in this software. This is also the software you will use to transfer EPUB eBooks to a compatible device.
- Get a free Adobe.com username and password to authorize your computer and device.
Browse and Check Out a EPUB eBook
- Activate Adobe Digital Editions on your computer (it must be the SAME Adobe ID as your mobile device).
- Go to the OverDrive Catalog.
- Log in with your library card number.
- Choose a title that you would like to download.
- Click Borrow (if it says 'Place a Hold', enter your email to be notified when it's available).
- Choose Download (Select one format).
- Check EPUB eBook.
- Click Confirm & Download.
- Choose 'Open With' Adobe Digital Editions (not Save).
- Book will download to Adobe Digital Editions.
Transfer an EPUB eBook to a Mobile Device via a USB cable
- Activate your mobile device with your Adobe ID (it must be the SAME Adobe ID as your computer).
- Connect your device to your computer via the USB cable.
- In Adobe Digital Editions library view, select a title you would like to transfer.
(Note: reader must be connected to computer; wireless won't work)
- Drag the title to the eBook device icon in the left pane of Adobe Digital Editions.
- The Copy Documents dialog box is displayed and the title is transferred.
- When transfer is complete, the Copy Documents dialog box closes.
- You can now disconnect the device.
See OverDrive help for more information