Support the Library District
The Grand County Library District needs and welcomes your ongoing support. You can support our efforts to provide quality programs and services to the citizens of Grand County in a wide variety of ways including donating your time, talents and money.
Please see our donation policy for more information.
- Grand County Library District welcomes and appreciates cash, check, and credit card donations! Grand County Library District reserves the right to use all donations in support of the district's mission statement, vision, and goals. However, if you would like to designate your donation to a specific cause or purpose, please download and fill out the donation form below. Follow the directions on the form to ensure your donation is allocated to the district purpose of your choosing.
Donor Wall Tiles
- The personalized wall tiles project was originally created to recognize donors who contributed to our building projects. Because of continued interest, we are offering remaining tiles to those who wish to sponsor a tile. All funds generated from new tiles will be used for facility improvements. Tiles are available at the Fraser Valley Library and the Granby Library.
- For more information, please contact the executive director at email@example.com or call 970-887-9411.
- Spring cleaning? Bring your books to us! Looking for a great deal? Purchase books that are almost new for friends and family; DVDs and movies available also!
- The Friends of Grand County Library host annual summer book sales with small ongoing book sales in each of the branches. Join the Friends of Grand County Library.
- (If you would like to donate items to the library book sales, please note that we do not take old textbooks, out of date magazines, nor do we take items in poor condition. If you would like a tax receipt, please ask one of the library staff members for a copy.)
You can support the Grand County Library Foundation when you shop at Amazon.com! By enabling this support through your AmazonSmile account, Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the Grand County Library Foundation. AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know, with the same products, prices, and services.
Our volunteers make a real difference to the library and to our patrons. As a volunteer you will have the satisfaction of knowing you are providing a much-needed, much-valued service to our community. As with our employees, all volunteers will undergo a background check and formal interview. You can complete the application (we use the same form for volunteering & employment) and submit it to the branch in which you would like to volunteer for.
Volunteer Opportunities in the branch libraries include:
- Helping in the children's area
- Shelvers and shelf readers
- Tutoring: computer crew
- Tutoring: assistance for job seekers
- Book processors
- Homebound delivery service
- Adopt-a-shelf volunteer
- Floor service
- Teen volunteers
- Specials projects (as needed)
The library staff will train and guide you along the way. You will also receive a GCLD Volunteer Handbook with resources to help you understand and achieve the district's expectations.
The Grand County Library District (GCLD) seeks to create partnerships with other organizations that further the Library's mission, vision, values, and strategic plan, and provide enhanced services to the community.
The GCLD Programming Policy states: "The Library may co-sponsor programs with individuals, businesses or community organizations. The Library will develop each partnership on an individual basis. The Library reserves the right to cancel an existing agreement or program at any time. The Library has final approval rights over programming."