Get a Library Card
How To Get a Card
- Apply in person at any of our five Grand County Library District branches
- have a government issued photo ID
- can prove the you own property in Grand County or receive mail at a Grand County PO Box/Mailing Address
- Have a library card from another library in the state of Colorado (must present card)
... then you can get a free Grand County Library District library card good at all five branches, including unlimited check-outs, unlimited holds, access to all online resources, and access to special collections.
If you are visiting Grand County and do not have a Colorado Library Card, you can get a Non-Resident fee card (with full access to all services and collections) for $20 per year.
If none of the above apply, you can get a Limited Use Card (check out a maximum of 5 items and place 5 holds at a time, excluding special collections). Online resources are fully available. For a Limited Use Card, you will need:
- proof of identity
- a valid email address and phone number.
Managing Your Account
- renew items
- request materials and view holds
- view or enable reading history
- view fines
- change your contact information
If you've lost your card:
- Call or come in to report a lost or stolen card. You are responsible for all items checked out until we are notified. Replacement cards cost $2.