The library, I believe, has been and continues to be, an integral part, and often the nucleus, of any vibrant community, especially in smaller towns. I have been amazed to see how the GC library system continually provides ever expanding offerings and engages an expansive variety of audiences in the community. As such, I am excited to actively support its continued development by joining the board of GCLD .
My wife and I built our home in Grand Lake in 2017-2018, and enjoy the lifestyle and the community .
I believe in giving back by being an active and engaged member of the community. I am involved with the following organizations :
- Grand Arts Council - board President
- Rotary of Grand Lake - bingo coordinator
- Grand Lake Area Historical Society - board; docent; facilities coordinator
- Grand Lake Creative District - board
- Rocky Mountain Folk School - one of the founders and board President
- AARP CO - member Executive Council , outreach activities
Volunteering provides great continued learning as well as community engagement , two of my passions. The GCLD is certainly right in line with both of them.
A brief description of my formal education and work experience is below .
BS Clarkson College 1972, MBA Fairleigh Dickinson University 1975 , 40+ years international corporate world in heavy equipment for mining and construction industries. Increasing responsibilities with last 15 as President/ General Manager of a business unit.